Sunday, August 14, 2011

Things I wish I would have known before, um, now.

So, today's story begins with an anecdote of something that happened yesterday that I am still laughing about. I was at a beautiful wedding celebrating a truly blessed union between two dear friends, Amy and Justin about 24 hours ago, where you would have found me (24 hour younger me)  in a dress.  A black polka dot dress with leggings.  A black polka dot dress that also is of the style of a puffy bottom within those that can make one look pregnant when one is not.  This is not a feature of the dress I was aware of but I quickly learned as we stood in line to get our food.   Someone mistook just that.  Asking, "Awwww, are you pregnant?" is not a question one wants to hear after dropping two dress sizes in a summer, especially with her man standing right next to her.  So I sat there, corrected her kindly and then filled my plate with twice the vegetables because welp, I might as well if people already think I'm eating for two as a result of this dress.  I then thought of this Brian Regan skit. 


Word to the wise: Never ask a girl if she is pregnant unless the baby is like coming out of her, cause you never know with styles this days. 

Word to the unwise (myself): Tuck this dress away until you are actually pregnant many years from now to avoid confusion.


In other news, for my birthday I got 3 dessert cookbooks and a whole creme brulee kit.  I will be a well-fed preggers when the time comes.  Until then? I will make some goody bags for my man. A way to a mans heart is through his stomach, right?  Lets see how this stomach likes tropical or cranberry pumpkin cookies.

Since Proverbs 17 says a cheerful heart is good medicine, I thought this story was good to share.  I love life's funny moments and am a strong believer of the necessity to share and spread the joy.

Until next time,
Me (Joyful, 24-hour-older-and-maybe-slightly-wiser me)

No comments:

Post a Comment