Saturday, July 30, 2011

And to think that I once claimed to not like chocolate.

That is a true story for the record.  I.  Kirsten.  Said throughout my college years that I did not like chocolate.  I, in fact, avoided chocolate for other desserts.  What I realized is that it was not in fact the chocolate that I didn't like, but weak excuses for chocolate in muted forms.  This chocolate is not that.  Lets try a triple chocolate cheesecake with more calories in one bite than I ever wanted to know could occur in a bite of food. Beginning with an Oreo crust, then melted chocolate, chocolate cheesecake, a hard chocolate shell, hot fudge and finished with a chocolate whipped cream and Oreo crumbles. Delish.  See here:


Or this fudge crumble in a wonton cup.  Buttermilk chocolate cake with fudge icing drizzling down the sides? Double delish.  See here:


Some people besides me do or have claimed to not like chocolate.  My friend, Heather Merry, says she doesn't like chocolate but she had some and then had some more.  Take that haters! Man it was good.  It was even better that Heather got to taste my cheesecake because she lives a bajillion miles away and I rarely get to be in the same state as her.  Soul sisters that live states away are always the best to see.  That's what I am grateful for this week.  Soul sisters.  Having them is a beautiful thing because they can live next door or thousands of miles away and every time God lets us connect again, its like we never skipped a beat.  There is warmth and comfort, security that everyone merits in these people who allow them to be themselves, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Soul sisters are like that triple chocolate cheesecake that you let overwhelm your senses when you normally just munch on the rest of your stash of Halloween candy.  It doesn't compare and the richness in each moment is remarkable.  I am fortunate to have many of these types of friendships and I sit today just feeling blessed by each and every one of you.  Know that you are a friendship to be savored, enjoyed bite by bite and if you want I will make a triple chocolate cheesecake for you in your honor next time you stop by!

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. – Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment