Friday, July 22, 2011

LIfe is better in a wonton cup.

Routine? Sometimes I tire of it.  I am on week 5 of baking the same recipes.  Like today is Tuesday? Chocolate cake, pizza, Texas toast and my only play time in the kitchen of the week: treaty Tuesday.  Delicious or not, it is repetitive.  Its like having a Monday outfit, Tuesday outfit, Wednesday outfit ... and never wearing anything else.  Its time to play.  So?  Cake pops have been peaced out and I am moving on to wonton cups.  You can put anything in a wonton cup.  It is fun and if a dessert can be flirty (which I think it can) it is flirty. 

So I began with a mocha mousse.    Love.  This was definitely the most popular.  Even I, the rabbit ate one or three of them (which totally negates the appropriate portion size of a wonton cup, but who cares).


Next?  I moved on to a limeade tart with a lime strawberry sauce.  Yum.  Except I was able to resist these ones.


Then? Well... I threw out Wednesday cake pops from the menu, treaty Tuesday was over but my wonton cup craze was not.  So? I made them for the campers.  How about a cherry cheesecake.  Yup.  It happened.


Its official.  Wonton day is now Wednesday.  Changing the wardrobe up.  Does this wonton make my butt look fat? Well, not yet, but it will... Oh wontons, you are cute and delicious.  I wonder, if all the icky things life gives you were put in a wonton, would they automatically improve? I might enjoy that.  If I could put my half finished action research project or my journey through the visa process in a wonton cup with some whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, I totally would.  Unfortunately, wontons are not duct tape or Jesus so I will trudge on, remembering  "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Romans 5:4 

Yeah, that sounds pretty alright to me. Can't wait for my next wonton adventures!  Now what to put in them next...

Peace, love, and wontons!






No comments:

Post a Comment