Sunday, February 27, 2011

1,000,000,000 % Vitamin C or Carrot Cupcakes, you decide.


Its been a while since I have partaken in the blogging of some foodtackular object.  When my alarm clock went off this morning at 7:00 (which is, for the record, not my favorite time of day), I knew that today was the day.  Everything about today screamed bakefest. So, I obeyed.  I cracked open my new 1001 Cupcakes and More cook book and...  


I am not exaggerating when I say this recipe must have 1,000,000,000 % vitamin C.  I included a massive amounts of oranges and carrots.  Thus far, the batter was orange and looked kinda like eating sunshine.


Post batter mixing came the hardest decision (which to be honest I am still doubting).  What decision was it? Cupcake wrappers.  The choices were endless and the decision was crucial.  Wrappers result in personality.  I opted for green and blue. Earthy wholesome family fun was what we were going for.


The power of a little baking powder! Edible chemistry is the only kind of chemistry I care to partake in.


This picture is momumental.  Reason?  When I purchased this utensil approximately 11 months ago, it marked my identity as a cook.  Zesting, in my opinion, makes you legit.  This photo thus results in the assumption of the title "legit". As a matter of fact, do zesters have a club? Can I be a member?  Can I have a card to prove this membership?



Can't wait for the taste test of these babies.  Ooooohhhh yeah! *cough cough* Feel a cold coming on yet? *cough cough* You might want a cold because this is a finger-lickin' good excuse to get that vitamin C.  YES PLEASE!

Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment