Monday, February 7, 2011

Daniel's Fast Day 38: Peace out Babylon!

I am pretty sure that every 5th Christian's favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11.  Legit, it is an awesome verse, but today it hit me in a fresh way but mostly also with the verses that surround it.  Being stuck for the last year in Babylon awaiting what I believed to be promised to me, plans are beginning to be unveiled.  It is sweet, beautiful, and much more than I had hoped for.  PRAISE THE LORD!  Thats about all I can say right now.  I am overwhelmed.  So check it y'all: Jeremiah 29:10-13.


10 This is what the LORD says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 


Fact: He knows what's up.

Also, for the record, I only have two more days left and I plan on rocking it wednesday night with some delicious lava rock chocolate cookies for my crew on Thursday.  It is also consequently Skate City night!  I tell you what, I am know roller derby, nor should I wear roller skates and party pants simultaneously (@ Kelly Watts), but I do love a good skate.  If you were to make a list of all of the awesome perks to being an elementary school teacher, I would put Skate City near the top of the list.  Along with: letters, laughter, Skippyjon Jones, the Pigeon, Valentines Day parties and being a celebrity whenever you walk down the hall or are spotted in the store.  Notice my list DOES NOT include Halloween: definitely not a favorite.  Halloween is chaos in Swahili.  If you didn't know that, now you do.  Wikipedia won't tell you that, but it is true.

In other news, check out this hilarious clip:







Peace y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this vid!

    It's Wednesday, so you must be making cookies tonight. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete