Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hospitality: I'm 24 and I still love to play house.

So... this weeks adventure starts with a coffee mug.  If you know me even a little bit then you might know that I am totally the "mi casa es su casa" kinda girl.  I love having people over.  I love baking.  I love sharing my home.  I learned this week however that that is not quite as easy to do when the person you are sharing with is not your biggest fan.  I was challenged to share my mug.  Apparently I am not so willing to share a delightful Christmas mug with you if you don't really like me.  It was difficult.  If we tested my heart, I would have failed at hospitality.   The rest of the week, however, I feel like I made up for my grinch-like heart as I have hosted two get-togethers in the past two nights.  

So, night one?  I had 8 guests for dinner.  Menu? Citrus chili chicken, pinneaple, chips and homemade chipotle salsa, black beans and these delectable orange finger cookies with dark chocolate (see pic below).  I had a legit pastry chef as a member of the party.  Yikes! Luckily she liked it, so yeah! In my next life, maybe I can be a chef after all...Yesssss.  If thats the case, I would like to have my chef hat bedazzled.  Please and thank you.


Night two? My girls came over for bible study. It was a win!  Menu?  Red pepper mango guacamole, spicy black bean dip, veggies, fruit, chips, and dark chocolate zucchini muffins (see pic below). 



We are not going to talk about the coffee I made for night two though... The fact is that I have only ever made coffee for me.  I may or may not have put double the amount of grind necessary to make a normal pot of coffee.  Details, people.  I just am trying to be super Bostonian or something.  Do not fret however, Saundie, coffee maker extraordinaire, has now properly informed me of how to correctly brew a pot of coffee for more than just me, myself and I.  She rocks.  She deserves this:


(and probably that amount for all of the playing house I have done this week...)

Peace, love and baking y'all!  And high-five my roommate next time you see her.  She's the bomb!

When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality. Romans 12:13

No comments:

Post a Comment