Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Evolution of Me

I spent the last hour of my life editing a previous blog I had maintained while in Mexico.  It made me chuckle as I read the postings because every fifth word was sweet.  I feel like I must now pay a penance for overuse of the word sweet.  So, if you ever happen to come across that blog, I would like to offer you synonyms to put in place of that word while reading.  Sweet: rad, the bomb, legit, awesome, bodacious, chimba, tight, padre, stellar, over-the-top, super, incredible, indescribable, overwhelming.  To the rulers of thesauruses and members of the Use Interesting Words Society (UIWS), please accept my sincerest apologies.  It makes me laugh to an extent, because I have always been somewhat of an English nerd, and I don't know what kind of chilies I was eating over there to ever allow that many repetitions of a word ever. Along with other evidences in the blog, like old pictures of me and the recounting of events, it was a great reflection of how I have evolved over time.
I am in awe of the "was me" and the "is me."  I know, after officially completing my first race on Saturday, can call myself athletic to some degree, I am a passionate cook, a fluent Spanish speaker, a teacher, and a dabbler in the arts and dancing.  To top it all off, God has taken me to places that I never even imagined.  My body, mind and spirit have been developed more and more to the likeness of Christ, which is a beautiful thing.  It is hard to really see and fully understand until far removed from the situation but today I can attest to the truth that "...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4.  All that I can say to that is Ha-le-lu-JAH! I am relieved not to be who I once was despite what it took to get there and I am excited for the struggles to come, knowing the Great Potter is molding me into something beautiful.
So today I'm going to scribble away on life's canvas because I know the Great Artist is gonna evolve my scribbles into something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment