Saturday, April 2, 2011

When I Grow Up I Want to Be a Mermaid

So I got home from a crazy day at work.    Post crazy day at work, the first thing I did when I got home was take a deliciously hot shower.  It made me decide that I want to be a mermaid when I grow up.  I just love showers.  Showers make the world a better place.  Why am I thinking today of what I want to be when I grow up? Consequently it was also career day.  All the kids dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grow up.  I came dressed as a baker.  I am not going to lie, that would be a good option for me if I ever fail at this educating-the-future-of-America business.

Here is why:

Cupcakes do not talk back.

Today, I like the sound of that.

So then I tried to think of other reasons why this might be a better option, but I think small children win.  I mean, sure you can change cupcake flavors depending on your mood and even match the wrappers according to the festivity they are being baked for, or even start your own t.v. show all about your cupcake-age but small children ROCK!

Here is why:

They are spunky.
They joke about everything (currently my kids are all talking to each other like Animal from the Muppets).
They see the world in the most unique ways.
They add spice to each and every day.

O.K., so today kids win.  Cupcakes and small children can duke it out again on career day next year.  For now?  I think I'll stick to my day job.

Plus, they can rock songs like this and make their teachers ball their eyes out.  Cupcakes can't do that...



Keeping it real in the 303... Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment