Sunday, January 9, 2011

Daniel's Fast Day 8: Will Power is like Will Smith's ab's only harder

I have to say that will power is an incredibly difficult thing.  It probably doesn't help that I have been around wedding cake and cookie batter for the past two days. So there are 32 more days to go.  32 two more days of pretending like chocolate and soda do not send me to my happy place.  32 more days until I can use my 1001 cupcake recipe book that I got for Christmas that taunts me from the bookshelf.  32 days of constant surrender, because this is not my first response. 

Will power is hard.  Temptation after temptation floods into my brain as I fast. Everywhere I walk I am weakened.  I feel like my cravings and the fast go into a wwf throw down every time I encounter the thought of partaking in the consumption of a delicious chocolaty morsel or a effervescing liquid otherwise known as soda. 

Learning to surrender has been beautiful.  This whole experience has taught me so much about discipline.  Life distracts.  We crave so many things other than the Sustainer of life every day, hour, minute, even second.  My cravings for earthly things so often supersede that which can give me the most.  "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10. So I am on the trek of seeking the life God intends for us to have.  In my obedience and surrender, I am learning and enjoying more life to the full. 

I am anxiously awaiting that which is to come and praying it is used for the glory of the Lord.  <3May it be rich and blessed <3

P.S. You should know that this was written as I curled up by the fire on a snowy day.  I call that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment